7 Top Wedding Locations in Glasgow for Wedding PhotographyMarch 5, 2020
LOOKING FOR THE BEST VENUES FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY IN GLASGOW?
We have put together our favourite locations for getting the perfect wedding shots on your big day.
Each venue on the list has unique wedding picture opportunities from amazing architecture to beautiful landscapes and scenery. This list is in no particular order and includes venues in and around Glasgow city centre that we regularly work in.
GLASGOW CITY CENTRE WEDDING VENUES
In 2018 there were over 2,400 marriages registered in Glasgow City.
Glasgow city centre has tons of options for your wedding day, not to mention amazingly beautiful places to take those all-important wedding photographs.
GLASGOW UNIVERSITY WEDDINGS
The University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel was consecrated on 4 October 1929 and is dedicated to the memory of the former students and staff of the University who lost their lives in the First World War.
To get married at Glasgow University At least one of the partners to the wedding must be a graduate/diplomat, student, member of staff or the son or daughter of these categories.
Wedding photo opportunities at Glasgow University
- Gorgeous 1930 chapel
- Attached to the University grounds – Perfect for photos
- A short drive from the west end and city centre
ST LUKE'S GLASGOW WEDDINGS
Offering a beautiful setting for your wedding ceremony – civil, religious or humanist and dating back to 1836 this atmospheric church is situated in the heart of Glasgow’s East End. The Grade B listed building has stunning interior features, vaulted ceilings which are complemented by the bespoke working pipe organ display and breathtaking stained glass windows dating back to the 1800’s.
Wedding photo opportunities at St Luke’s
- Newly converted church with a modern twist
- Right in the heart of the Barras – a Glasgow landmark
- City centre location easy to get to
GLASGOW GRAND CENTRAL HOTEL WEDDINGS
The Grand Central Hotel provides the style and glamour a Glasgow wedding venue requires. Not to mention excellent transportation links. The hotel is a luxury Glasgow wedding venue with a number of room’s ideal for a wedding reception and 186 luxurious bedrooms with special rates available for you and your guests.
Wedding photo opportunities at Glasgow Grand Central Hotel
- Intimate and classical venue in the heart of the city centre
- seconds from Glasgow Central Station (it’s actually attached!)
- Great Gatsby style champagne bar
GLASGOW CITY REGISTRY OFFICE WEDDINGS
The Registry office resides within the City Chambers which was opened by Queen Victoria in August 1888. The building has four floors and provides space for the hosting of civic functions. The exterior of the building is ornate and is a main feature on the city’s George Square. Sculptures depicting Truth, Riches and Honour are also included as are statues depicting the four seasons.
Wedding photo opportunities at Glasgow City Registry Office
- Intimate location in the city centre
- Classically styled roomed which are perfect for smaller weddings
- Seconds from George Square, perfect transport links for guests
GLASGOW WEDDING VENUES OUTSIDE THE CITY CENTRE
These wedding venues are slightly beyond the city centre limits but we had to include them as they are stunning venues for weddings and for wedding photography with some unique picture opportunities.
FOREST HILLS HOTEL GLASGOW WEDDINGS
With a beautiful location and a luxurious spa, the hotel makes an idyllic base for your wedding party. The Garden Suite can host up to 110 guests and features stunning views over Loch Ard and the Trossachs; providing you with the most romantic of venues in the dramatic Scottish Highlands.
Wedding photo opportunities at Forest Hills Hotel
- Dog-friendly hotel located in Aberfoyle, a short drive from Glasgow
- Incredible Scottish scenery surrounds the hotel with a short drive to Loch Ard
- Space for outside ceremony with unbeatable Scottish scenery as your setting
GG’S YARD WEDDINGS
Offering a simply stunning setting, hidden in the glorious Galloway hills which overlook breathtaking views of Scotland’s most beautiful southern coastline. The purpose-built venue resembles a barn and offers unique photo opportunities.
Wedding photo opportunities at GG’s Yard
- Purpose-built wedding venue
- Incredible interior and exterior (There’s even a flying fox zip slide!)
- Short drive to various beaches and bays for photographs
ROSSLEA HALL HOTEL WEDDING
Set in the picturesque village of Rhu overlooking the Firth of Clyde and Gare Loch. Enjoy the perfect mix of traditional elegance and modern facilities, all accompanied by that unmistakable welcoming Scottish hospitality.
Wedding photo opportunities at Rosslea Hall Hotel
- Located on Rhu Bay and Gare Loch
- Pebble beach a short drive from the venue
- Beautiful conservatory and gardens for the ceremony